My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I recently received a job from SBS Farms in New York. I am moving to Florida to work with some of the most talented individuals in the horse industry.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm not letterman.

It seems that as soon as someone does something intelligent and creative we all must follow suit and fantail off of it. I guess I should get used to the idea since I'm going into television. So here it is:

Aidan's Top ___ Ideas of how to Manage Your TIME.
1. Write everything and anything down that you need to do and give approximate times of how long it will take you.
2. Work efficiently by doing tasks that flow well into each other so there's no backtracking which equals a lot of spare time.
3. Stop talking about how you dont have time! If you have enough time to tell me you don't have time to do things, those were a few minutes where you could have done something productive.
4. MULTI-TASK. Do more than one thing at a time. You do it all the time! You talk on the phone and walk, you eat and chat with friends, you surf the net and talk on IM. COUNTLESS numbers of things you can do at the same time.
5. Don't wait until the last minute if you don't have the resources or willpower to get it done without feeling as though you need to kill yourself. Procrastination is an art many think they have down, but it takes more skill than most think. Don't procrstinate unless you already know how to manage your time. It's not for beginners.
6. Ask for help if you need it. No one expects everyone to do everything on their own. If you need help ask in a TIMELY manner and i'm sure someone will help you out.

That's all I have for a list at the moment. It's very hard for me to grasp that people don't understand how to manage their time because I've been doing it since Elementary school. But, as I move into the workplace and help manage different people I am realizing quickly that either people don't care or they don't understand how to manage their time. If you don't get a full night's sleep one night because you need to finish something, that's how it is. Get used to it, get tough, and get committed. That's how it is out in the real world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want people to hear you about #3.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Everyone should stop telling everyone how much time they DON'T have. I even annoy myself when I let it slip.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home