My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I recently received a job from SBS Farms in New York. I am moving to Florida to work with some of the most talented individuals in the horse industry.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Comparison Blogging

This week, we had to go through a graduate's blog from beginning to end and look at their goals and ideas. All the juicy stuff that went on in their little heads when contemplating graduation...much like someone will have to look at ours down the road and laugh at how foolish we once were. Just kidding, but seriously. Anyway, I chose to look at a close friend of mine who's personal goals seem to be the complete antithesis of everything that I am: Shannon McClain, or whatever it is now.

Now, I love Shannon to death but as it was, her goal was to get married and go from there. That is fine, but not my cup of tea. I doubt I will ever get married and I pity the man I ever do. I am career driven and want to do everything I can in order to achieve my goals, which entails extensive travel, long hours, and everything and anything else. I'm ready to committ to my life, not someone else's. After reading through Shannon's blog, I got a sense of wishy-washyness that lead me to believe she wasn't really preparing for a career of her own, but to follow her husband and whatever he is going to do. I've met Eric, and he has a really good job and is a real sweetheart, so luckily they aren't going to be starving or anything. They can play house and be happy.

That's not what I want. I want to move out to California and make my own agenda. I don't care if I have to get there by way of Mobile, Alabama, I will get there one day. Shannon said that she was researching some markets down in Virginia and stuff, but I haven't heard what she's been doing. Maybe she got a job reading news, maybe she's cutting grass...I don't know, but Shannon always made the best out of every situation and was always a happy-go-lucky person, so I'm sure she's doing great. I don't want anyone to think that I'm degrating Shannon and her choices. Everyone has their own idea of what their ideal life was, and Shannon's was that, and mine is something else, and Mr. Weaver's is something else. As long as she has achieved her ultimate happiness, then that is all that matters.

So that's my schpiel. There wasn't a lot of content, but made me realize a lot of things about myself, so I feel that it was useful. Everyone have a great week! Look for the pancake package on thursday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

So you took away "things not to do" from the look back.

Meanwhile...what's the deal with California fever...Jon Joy, Kirstan, now you...

I hear lots of TV production now goes on in Vancouver.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home