My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I recently received a job from SBS Farms in New York. I am moving to Florida to work with some of the most talented individuals in the horse industry.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Job Searching

So I've been scowering the internet looking for job sites, but I'm not going to lie...whenever I'm looking for job listings, I type in call letter that I know-dot-com and then look and see if there's anything for me. For instance I frequent the WKBN, WTAE, and KDKA job availability areas to see what they'er looking for. It seems to me that if I want to look for anything outside of that, like in the entertainment industry, I usually have to pay. And let's face it, I'm not willing to pay $40 a month to see what jobs are out there like on tvjobs.com. One thing that I do like about TV jobs is that it has a "top story" topic and it discusses something going on in the news business. Kind of like a helpful hint or lesson, if you will. All in all, though, I'm a poor college student, and I figure that I don't need to shell out the money after I get a job, because then I will be an insider and get first dibs on stuff. It stinks being on the outside trying to get my foot in the door. Luckily, the communications alumni are UBER helpful and always letting us know where there's a job at there place of business. For that, I am totally grateful, and I can only hope that I can help someone out like that one day when I'm important. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Nice job in embedding the links!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Liz Farry said...

Hey Aidan! How'd the show go on Thursday? :)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Aidan said...

really, really well! I'm re-racking some stuff, but we try to keep it fresh. We miss you, though! Can't wait for you to come back!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home