My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I recently received a job from SBS Farms in New York. I am moving to Florida to work with some of the most talented individuals in the horse industry.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Welcome back internet

It's nice to have my internet connection back after traveling all over the world to get settled for spring break. I've missed all my e-mail updates from mr.weaver, no joke, I do miss them when they're gone.

Anyway...looking at the Philo T. Farnswarth documentary I must say that yes, it educated me on where television originated and what people went through to get television going, but it didn't really make me give a damn.

The entire thing droned on and on about hardships and tubes and lines...yes I am more savvy on what is happening on my screen, but as long as I don't have white noise i'm not on my knees thanking Philo every night of my life. Sorry, but that film never really interested me. It's a nice introduction when you don't have anything else to do in class and don't feel like cancelling, but other than that, i could do without it. Looking at it critically, there was a definite beginning, middle and end, along with a slight climax,so storytelling-wise thumbs up. The mechanics of it were functional and it did what it set out to do...tell a story.

While it told the story and let us document history in another way across media, it didn't do anything groudbreaking to make it stand out from anything else that's been done on an A&E biography or something on the history channel.

I like Philo and I appreciate television, but that's all I have to say about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Maybe you'll be interested in screenplay Aaron Sorkin's crafting called The Farnsworth Invention-- I'm sure there's a love story in there along with the David and Goliath tale.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home